Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tiny Copper Flower Pins

I wanted a few tiny flower pins for my aprons that I wear to shows and have been planning them for a long time. Well today I finally created 4 tiny flower pins: one will dot the "i" in Restring It, on one apron, and the 3 others will be worn on the heads of my 3 javelinas of my other apron. I started with a sheet of 22 gauge copper and cut each layer of my tiny flowers out by hand with a jeweler's handsaw. Then each flower was sanded and annealed (or heated) so I could form the flowers into 3 dimensional shapes. Next I soldered pieces together, soldered the tie tack back onto the backs, and soldered the sterling silver centers in each flower. Finally I cleaned them up and polished them. I love my tiny flower pins and hope you do, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment