Monday, August 25, 2014

Copper Tee Plumbing Fitting Rings

I recently purchased some copper from an estate sale. I love to make rings from copper tubing by annealing the copper, hammering it until it is the size I want, and finally enameling the ring which is conveniently not soldered. With my purchase at the estate sale were 3 copper tee plumbing fittings and I wondered what I would do with those pieces. The other day I was looking at one and decided to saw the ends off to make some enamel rings. After doing that, what I had left looked like a ring possibility to me, so I annealed the copper several times and hammered it repeatedly to achieve a ring size that would fit a finger. With the one ring I soldered a brass disk into the top hole in a concave position and the other ring I made copper balls and soldered those into the top ring. The rings are rustic, commanding, interesting, and are absolutely one of a kind. They are definitely attention getting. I will probably never do this again but I enjoyed these creations and plan to have them along at my fall shows.



No comments:

Post a Comment