Friday, January 29, 2010

Tucson Gem and Mineral Show

This is an exciting week in Tucson. The much awaited Tucson Gem and Mineral Show has arrived in town and just about everyone is affected by this event. We love it and hope it remains in Tucson forever! There is talk, sadly, that the event may not remain here, but who can ask for a better location. We have sunshine galore, warm temperatures, and the best, I repeat, THE BEST Mexican food I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Even our former president Bill Clinton came here just to enjoy a Mexican meal at a favorite restaurant, and it happens to be my favorite in Tucson, although there a many, many wonderful Mexican restaurants in town. I have never had a bad meal at a Mexican restaurant. You can't go wrong and the prices are always super reasonable.

I'll be scoping out the vendors for lots of natural stones. Last September I fell in love with aquamarine and do believe I'll try to pick up some more, I just love the soft blue color that looks so beautiful against ones skin. This is a stone that looks even better on than it does alone.


Maybe I'll take my camera and add some shots of my shopping to one of my blogs, sure wish everyone could be here to enjoy this yearly extravaganza. Natural stones, to antique artifacts, sterling silver, and findings galore. You would love this event that begins tomorrow and can entertain jewelers to fossil lovers, vintage jewelry to contemporary, and the scent of grilled foods on site that are perfect for lunches as you break from your shopping adventures.


If you're interested in something and you'd like me to hunt for you, let me know!

Enjoy!

http://www.restringit.etsy.com
http://www.tucsonvintage.etsy.com
http://www.GreenWayAvenue.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment