Thursday, November 5, 2009

7 Weeks Until Christmas!

49 days... Just a thought.

The weather in Tucson was so hot today, we had to turn on the air conditioner for a few hours this afternoon. But it's off now and the forecast says cooler temps for awhile. Sounds good, I'm trying to save on utilities and cooler temps would be a big help.

My garden has become infested with caterpillars again but they are so microscopic that I'll wait a few days to get them off. I think the cooler weather will help, too. But the brussel sprouts are really getting tall and the lettuce and cauliflower are all healthy at this point and it sure would be nice to get a healthy crop. The basil has been fantastic and very easy to manage. My little cherry tomatoes (3) are getting chubby so this time I think I'll get the fruit before the insects. But the best thing has been the banana pepper plant, FANTASTIC! Yum. I water in the yard an munch on the banana peppers, they are delicious, even the dog loves them. Nice and mild with a soft skin, just perfect. I plan on planting more of them next year because we LOVE them!

Saturday is the Painted Sky Artisan & Craft Cafe' from 8:30 - 3:00. It will be my last show before the holidays as I need to concentrate of gifts for family.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment